OPEN COACHING POSITION ‐‐ DUWAMISH ROWING CLUB
Duwamish Rowing Club, a small grassroots club in South Seattle, is seeking a masters coach for the 2018 season. The ideal candidate will have a background in competitive rowing or coxing, good communication skills, be highly motivated and have an ability to work independently.
Our masters season starts in March and runs through the end of October. Prior coaching experience is preferred, but not necessary. This is an excellent position for a current college rower or those with college rowing experience.
- Responsibilities include:
- Independently coaching masters practices and running the coaches launch
- Developing on and off the water training and conditioning plans
- Supervising masters rowers and instruction in proper rowing technique
- Establishing line‐ups and communicating and coordinating with masters rowers and DRC’s youth coaching staff
- Assisting with regatta preparation and attending regattas
- Assistance with maintaining equipment
- Part time position – anticipate 35 to 80 hours a month.
- Practices are on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Attendance at several weekend regattas during the summer is expected.
- Compensation is $18 ‐ $20/hour depending on experience.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions and to apply for this position. For more information about Duwamish Rowing Club see our website: duwamishrowingclub.org